Are you interested in being part of a great team in a growing company? Do you value work-life balance, friendly co-workers, and interesting work? If so you’re in luck—we are searching for qualified professionals to join our team!
McCay Duff LLP is a medium sized public accounting firm, specializing in the small-to-medium sized owner-managed business market and the not-for-profit and charitable organization markets. McCay Duff provides clients with a full range of professional services including assistance with bookkeeping and financial analysis.
McCay Duff offers a professional environment while still valuing the importance of social activities.
We are presently seeking an individual with experience in bookkeeping.
The successful candidate will be proficient in performing, and training others to perform, the following:
- Day-to-day entries of business transactions
- Enter and create invoices in multiple accounting software packages
- Calculate and process payroll
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- Produce reports as requested by clients
- Maintain proper filing system
- Payroll inputs in third party payroll modules such as Ceridian and ADP
- Preparing and filing HST reports
- Ensuring payroll remittances such as employee source deductions, EHT, and WSIB, are reported and paid prior to deadlines
- Other duties as per various client requests
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Banking deposits and wire transfers
- Account reconciliations and analysis ensuring accuracy and reasonableness of monthly financial reports
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements
- Public accounting work experience would be an asset
- Must have at least 2 years of full cycle bookkeeping experience
- College level Accounting or Business Diploma
- Ability to take initiative
- Must have working knowledge in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Simply Accounting (Sage 50), Word and Excel
- Highly organized with exceptional planning, prioritizing and task management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and accountable
- Ability to work independently/ in a team
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills are essential to this role
If you are interested in being a part of a great team at our growing company, please apply by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and address your application to Mr. Dave Hemphill.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodation requests in your e-mail application.