SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
We are searching for dynamic professionals who can join our team in the capacity of Senior Staff Accountants. If you are looking for professional growth and future advancement opportunities we would love to meet you.
As a Senior Staff Accountant you will:
- Supervise and lead staff accountants on assigned engagements
- Act as a liaison between the client, client staff and McCay Duff LLP staff
- Assume responsibility for the work of staff accountants and assistants
- Assume responsibility for complex engagements with minimum direct supervision from the engagement supervisor
- Develop assurance plans and budgets
- Monitor progress of assigned engagements, and keep the engagement supervisor, manager or partner informed
- Provide direction and motivation to staff accountants to support their career development
- Assist the firm with business development activities by recognizing business opportunities with current clients
- Participate on internal committees or project teams
- New team members must be working towards, or have, a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- A minimum of two years’ public accounting experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong technical experience
- Experience in all aspects of the accounting profession including compilations, review audits, corporate and personal income tax
- Passion and enthusiasm to work in public accounting
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our firm, please apply by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and address your application to Dave Hemphill.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodation requests in your e-mail application.