We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team in September. If you are looking for professional growth and future advancement opportunities we would love to meet you.
As a Staff Accountant you will:
- Perform technical work in the office or in the field on assigned engagements under supervision.
- Provide support on more complex sections of assurance engagements.
- Assume responsibility for the completion and accuracy of own work and working papers.
- Provide guidance and training to junior team members.
- Become familiar with support systems including tax, computer systems, firm policies and standards.
- Be in charge of entry level engagements, draft work review plans and budgets for review by the engagement supervisor.
- Assist the firm with business development and goodwill initiatives.
- Participate on project teams in implementing firm management policies and initiatives.
- Gain experience in public accounting and progress towards writing and passing the CFE.
- Develop personal skills to effectively communicate with diverse people and diverse clients.
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related field of study.
- Co-op experience in the accounting field preferred.
- Strong communication skills, as there will be interaction with partners, staff and clients.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of the Accounting Cycle and basic accounting principles.
- Passion and enthusiasm to work in public accounting.
- Ability to meet individual goals for chargeability, business development targets and objectives for career development.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Dave Hemphill.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
McCay Duff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.