We are searching for dynamic professionals who can join our team in the capacity of Staff Accountants.
If you are looking for professional growth and future advancement opportunities we would love to meet you.
The successful candidates will receive training to assist them in the completion of working paper files and corresponding financial statements, as well as corporate and personal income tax returns. McCay Duff offers its professional team members the opportunity to gain relevant experience in all major competencies related to the CPA designation process. Training and development opportunities at McCay Duff also include staff training, mentoring, recruiting and many other areas as team members’ progress.
The training will include instruction on the use of CaseWare (software specialized for the preparation and documentation of working paper files) and Taxprep (tax return preparation software.) Training will also be provided on other software used in the firm.
The new team members can expect to assist senior staff on assurance engagements and will also have the opportunity to work independently on accounting and tax files. Depending on the size and nature of the engagement, you may report to a senior staff member and in some instances the partner in charge. The level of complexity of assignments will depend on the individual’s abilities and pace of learning.
As a staff accountant you are an important part of a team responsible for delivering an exceptional client experience to an interesting and diverse group of customers.
As a Staff Accountant you will:
- Perform technical work in the office or in the field on assigned engagements under supervision
- Provide support on more complex sections of assurance engagements
- Assume responsibility for the completion and accuracy of own work and working papers
- Become familiar with support systems including tax, computer systems, firm policies and standards
- Be in charge of entry level engagements, draft work review plans and budgets for review by the engagement supervisor
- Assist the firm with business development and goodwill initiatives
- Participate on project teams in implementing firm management policies and initiatives
- Gain experience in public accounting and progress towards writing and passing the CFE or other professional designations
- Develop personal skills to effectively communicate with diverse people and diverse clients
- New team members must have completed a university degree or college diploma in a related field of study
- Strong communication skills, as there will be interaction with partners, staff and clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Working towards proven leadership ability
- Understanding of the Accounting Cycle and basic accounting principles
- Passion and enthusiasm to work in public accounting
- Ability to meet individual goals for chargeability, business development targets and objectives for career development
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our firm, please apply by e-mail at email@example.com and address your application to Mrs. Krista MacDonald.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodation requests in your e-mail application.