McCay Duff LLP is a medium sized public accounting firm, specializing in the small-to-medium sized owner-managed business market and the not-for-profit and charitable organization markets. In addition to these areas of market specialization, McCay Duff also provides services to a significant number of commercial real estate, professional and condominium corporations.
Our clients participate in virtually every segment of the local economy and have come to rely on the high level of service we deliver.
McCay Duff offers a professional environment while still valuing the importance of social activities. Thanks to a creative and vibrant Social Committee who leads activities such as an annual fun day, tax season madness monthly activities and various other social functions, you are able to get to know your co-workers in a relaxed manner.
The professionals within our Tax Group advise private companies and individuals on intricate tax matters, helping them comply with the growing and increasingly complex tax compliance requirements.
We are searching for skilled professionals to join our team
As a Manager in the Tax Group, you will work with our team who focus on serving our clients and their families in helping to identify new opportunities for growth.
Success in this role will require prior experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm, broad-based tax and related financial skills, the ability to work as part of a team of tax professionals, a high motivation to manage and direct processes, as well as communicate with clients, to deliver high quality tax services. In return you will become a trusted advisor to your clients and colleagues alike and realize your full career potential.
As a Tax Manager you will:
- Work closely with other members of our team as a senior team member on tax planning for clients
- Plan and organize teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research
- Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues
- Conduct and document tax research
- Lead tax engagement teams in serving the tax needs of clients
- Enhance technical skills by remaining up-to-date on trends, new legislative developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations relevant to our clients
- Identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services and contribute to thought leadership materials
- Prepare tax memorandums
- Interpret and apply tax legislation
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently with sound project management principles
- Maintain and develop meaningful relationships with assigned clients
- Participate actively in business development activities to recognize and seize business opportunities
- Participate on committees in developing and implementing Firm management policies and professional standards
- Provide value added consulting solutions to our clients on current business and financial matters
- Conduct pre-engagement work planning with the engagement team
- Conduct internal / external presentations and training related to area of expertise
- Coach staff members and conduct performance evaluations
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Manager: a minimum of five years’ experience in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm, with a minimum of one year at the supervisor experience level
- Senior Manager: a minimum of seven years’ experience in in corporate tax research, consulting and compliance in a professional services firm, with a minimum of two years at the manager experience level
- Completion of CICA In-depth Tax Course, Parts I and I
- Strong focus on tax planning
- Demonstrated experience in business development and management
- A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of the client
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with engagement problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Demonstrated evidence of strong leadership ability
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of decisions and take a comprehensive approach to problem solving
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with our firm, please apply by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and address your application to Mrs. Krista MacDonald.
Please identify in your application the source from which you heard of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
McCay Duff LLP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and McCay Duff LLP’s Policies on Accommodation, McCay Duff LLP provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodation requests in your e-mail application.